Gluten Free Chocolate Protein Pancakes
This is just a quick recipe I whipped up based on my older recipe for chocolate oat pancakes. This variation uses chocolate protein powder and agave as a sweetener, and should take less than 15 minutes from start to finish. This is a single serving recipe, meaning it makes about 4 pancakes and can be made in a personal sized blender, like a nutribullet (that's what I used).
I love topping these pancakes with maple syrup, berries and cacao nibs, but you can also get really decadent and try the chocolate and peanut butter drizzle that is featured in the other oat pancake recipe.
- 3/4 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 ripe banana
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp agave
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 scoops chocolate protein powder (I used moon juice chocolate pea protein)
- In a blender, first blend rolled or quick oats into a flour.
- Add almond milk, banana, cinnamon, agave, vanilla and protein powder and blend until combined. The consistency you're looking for is that of a thick smoothie.
- Using a 1/3 cup measure, pour batter into a lightly greased pan over medium heat. Flip once the top of the pancake dries out and bubbles start to form.
- Cook for another minute or so on the last side.