Vegan no-chicken noodle soup
Alright folks. I'll be the first to admit that when I'm sick the last thing I want to do is cook food. I have a bad habit of ordering junk food on Seamless while I wallow in bed feeling sorry for myself, but this week I actually have things to do and can't afford to be sick for a week.
So I whipped up this no-chicken noodle soup today and it took less than 30 minutes to prepare, plus I have enough for dinner tonight and lunch tomorrow!
Better yet, all you need are 6 ingredients to prepare this!
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 2 medium sized potatoes
- 2 carrots
- 2 cloves garlic
- Thyme (optional)
- 1 boullion cube
- Your pasta of choice (I went with some brown rice noodles)
- Prepare your veggies by dicing the onion, mincing the garlic, peeling and chopping the potato and chopping the carrots.
- In a medium sized pot, sauté the onions, potatoes and carrots for 3-5 minutes until slightly softened. Add garlic and thyme and continue cooking for another minute.
- Add water (enough to cover the vegetables) and bouillon cube, reduce heat to low and let simmer for 10-15 minutes, until the potatoes begin to soften.
- Add the pasta and continue cooking until soft.