5 Ingredient Carrot Leek Soup
As the temperatures start to drop here in New York, I'm starting to get into some more weather-appropriate meals. This time 2 months ago I might have been craving nice cream for dinner, but now all I can think about is warm soup, stews and starches! And on top of the colder weather, I've been a little under the weather this past week, so this soup really was a great feel-good meal. As if could get any better, you only need 5 ingredients to prepare this meal, yet it's packed full of amazing flavors and nutrients to help you feel your best!
- 2tbs olive oil
- 1 lb carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 of a large onion, chopped
- 1/2 of a leek
- 3 cups vegetable broth, or water with vegetable bouillon (I used Rapunzel Vegetable Bouillon)
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil and sauté sliced and peeled carrots until soft. Add chopped onions and continue cooking until translucent and fragrant. Lastly, add the leek and continue sautéing for another 2-3 minutes.
- In a medium-sized pot, bring your vegetable broth to a boil. Add the roasted vegetables to the broth and simmer over low heat for 30 minutes. Once the 30 minutes have elapsed, transfer the contents to a blender and blend until smooth, or blend in the pot using an immersion blender.
- Serve with toasted bread, roasted potatoes, a side salad or with whatever floats your boat!