Listen guys, fudgesicles were my THING growing up. I'm surprised that I haven't really thought about them much since going vegan 3 years ago, but a few weeks ago I realized that I hadn't had a fudgescicle in years, much less a vegan version. So I made it my mission to concoct a delicious vegan fudgesicle. I went to amazon, bought a popsicle mold, and within 2 business days I was in the kitchen whipping up my own version of this chocolatey goodness.
And I will just pat myself on the back for a minute because these popsicles are so delicious and creamy and totally omnivore approved. I've made them about 4 times now (mostly because every time I try to take a photo they melt in 30 seconds since I don't have a proper AC unit in my apartment) and I seem to love them more every time. What's even better is that they only take about 10 minutes or less to prepare and they are just 6 ingredients!
I hope you give this recipe a try, and if you do, don't forget to tag me on Instagram, @meatlessinnewyork! I LOVE seeing your recipe recreations and sharing them on my stories.
Prep time: 10 minutes. Cook time: 4 hours. Makes about 6 popsicles.
- 125 g dark chocolate (about 1 cup)
- 1 16oz can coconut milk
- 1 tbs cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch salt
- 2 tbs agave nectar
- Placed chopped chocolate in a heatproof bowl.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the coconut milk, cocoa powder, vanilla, salt and agave and bring to a simmer, whisking frequently.
- Pour the warmed coconut milk mixture over the chopped chocolate and let sit for about 2 minutes until the chocolate melts completely. Stir with a spatula until fully combined and silky smooth. Transfer to a spouted cup (such as a pyrex measuring cup) and pour into popsicle molds.
- Transfer to freezer. After 30 minutes, add popsicle sticks and allow to fully freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight.