Game Day Guac
SPORTS! So tomorrow's the Super Bowl and I definitely know who's playing...Yeah I'm definitely not just planning to tune in to watch the Justin Timberlake half time show, eat all the vegan snacks at the party, and then leave after 15 minutes, doggy bags in tow.
If you're like me and put off planning things until the last minute, here's a great and easy guac recipe that you can make to bring to the big game.
- 4 ripe avocados (I always go for Haas, they are super rich and creamy)
- 1 medium red onion (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 tbs cilantro
- Juice of 1-2 limes
- salt (about 1/2 tsp or to taste)
- 1 fresh jalapeño, diced (optional)
- Thinly dice the red onion and cilantro. Cut the avocados in half and scoop into a bowl and mash with a fork. You can leave a few little chunks in there for added texture.
- Mix in the red onion, cilantro, lime and salt. Sample and adjust to taste.