Tofu and Potato Scramble
Welcome to my munchies page! The place where I share recipes that I think of and/or make while high. The other day I was thinking about how many amazing creations I make while smoking, many of which I don't really turn out "Instagram worthy," so I created this section of my website to showcase those recipes without having this sort of content overwhelm my blog. I'm not really going to promote this a ton as it's not exactly advertiser friendly nor is it "on brand." But I'm sure that there are many people out there who can relate to this sort of content, so let's connect and share munchie recipes!
The first recipe I'm going to share is this easy tofu and potato scramble with tomatoes, spinach and lots of vegan parmesan cheese. It's one of the most satisfying things I've ever made an a go to meal to eat while smoking as it's relatively healthy but oh so indulgent. Of course after the photo I piled on a ton more parmesan and nutritional yeast.
I also don't really measure while high so good luck!
- 1 russet potato, diced
- generous sprinkling of smoked paprika
- about 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt to taste
- 1/2 block tofu
- 1 tsp tumeric
- just spices savory eggs blend (or any sort of spice blend with chives, paprika, garlic, salt and pepper)
- at least 2 tbs nutritional yeast
- 1 cup baby spinach or baby kale
- 1/4 cup vegan parmesan cheese
- in a large skillet, heat 1-2tbs of olive oil and add diced potatoes. Cook on medium high heat until the potatoes start to soften up a bit, then reduce heat to low and cook covered for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally to ensure they don't doesn't stick.
- After the potatoes are fork tender but not quite cooked, crumble tofu into the skillet along with turmeric, spice blend and nutritional yeast. Turn with a spatula until the turmeric and spices are fully incorporated and the tofu is a consistent vibrant yellow color.
- Lower heat, then add in tomatoes and cook covered for another 10 minutes, mixing occasionally to keep from burning, or so until the potatoes are fully cooked and easy to cut through with a fork. Don't be afraid to leave it on the burner for longer than you think you should. This dish is most satisfying when the potatoes are basically melt in your mouth.
- Once the potatoes reach melt in your mouth status, remove heat and add a large handful of chopped spinach or baby kale. once slightly wilted, add vegan parmesan cheese shreds and serve.